RULES FOR CUSTOMIZING COMPONENTS
A few common practice rules should be followed when creating components:
A component must not have any side effects to any other part of the website.
- CSS: all styles must be scoped within .cssClass (no global styles)
- JS: all code must be wrapped in onElementRady('.cssClass'
- PHP: nothing global must be set during rendering
Show/Hide: a component must not show/hide itself, this must be done where the component is created.
All user visible strings must be wrapped into trl() calls.
- getSettings: trlStatic
- getTemplateVars: $this->getData->trl()
- Component.tpl/twig: $data->trl()
- Form/FrontendForm: trlStatic
Naming should be consistent:
When you have a FooBar_Component:
- generator key should be 'fooBar'
- container div class/id should be 'fooBar'